Friday, June 28, 2013

No-Poo Banana Banana

  Today is the first of five days since I've lathered my tresses with anything. No special remedy concocted to target distressed strands of golden silk. No organic shampoo or moisturizing cream, no dry shampoo to soak up unwanted grit. Nothing. Nada. Ziltch....  My hair looks full, fluffy and if it wasn't for the simple fact that my trainer Julie worked me out like some bad Ass UFC champion yesterday(Check out Julie's gym http://womensfitnessofboston.com/, she is AMAZING!), I probably could continue this stretch for an entire week!
  You want Guru Hair too, don't you? You want fine strands of golden locs? Silky caramel tresses of the gods?  Have you been following this blog, learning the craft of the trade?
Here's my secret... Bananas bananas bananas bananas bananas bananas.... (Do you see where I'm going with this?)
No I'm not crazy, it's just that simple.
On Sunday I remedied a hair mask knowing the weather was due to be hazy hot and humid. I mashed 1 whole banana and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mashed like a mad guru woman until No chunks remained. Let's face it chunky banana grits is so not an attractive look to sport. I followed up with A vinaigrette rinse.  I will admit the concoction can become a bit messy.  for future references I suggest this remedy be applied pre showering.(Or if you are lucky enough to live in Boston, treat yourself to an Organic Mask at SalonEuphoria.com by yours truly!!) Today I will follow up with another vinaigrette rinse to clear away unwanted oil build up. ( I want to "no-poo" for a liitle longer) 


How long have you gone with NO-POO?

1 comment: