Thursday, June 13, 2013

From Winstons To Aqua Net



   Fondly I can remember accompanying my grandmother to her weekly visits to the hair salon. It was one of those salons that seemed like you had to have a membership because everyone who was anyone's nana was surely in the  know. Mildly aged yet still fashionable women being primped crimped and stuffed under scones of heated dryers. The  smog of Winston 100s, shadows of Aqua Net  and the smell of curling rods being permed to the scalp, wafting in the air. Perhaps this is where my deep seeded roots for hair care permeates. Or perhaps I have just inhaled enough lacquer and ammonium thioglycolate to set off an internal organic detox. Whatever the theory may be, I am on a mission to save the Nonies and Grannies of the future from casting away their beauty for the next faux pas of chemical irritants promising eternal youth.
- the Hair Guru

No comments:

Post a Comment